Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HANDS FREE?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adh111681

Programmer
May 10, 2001
US
How do you fix the hands free problem in 2616 'A' series?

Please elaborate on your advise. I'm not sure what HFD and HFA stand for/mean.

Hi
HFA means HANDSFREE ALLOWED....HFD means HANDSFREE DENIED
to check
LD 20
REQ prt
TYPE tnb
CUST 0
TN x x x x
look in CLS for HTA or HTD if it is HTD it needs changing

REQ chg
TYPE tnb
CUST 0
TN x x x x
echg yes
item CLS HTA
<cr> back to REQ prompt

Hope this helps.
Colin

Yes, we have HFA ports. Do you have any knoledge on any circuit board problems that causes the handsfree to delay? Do you know how I can get any schematics?

Hi Kim
I dont have any schematics at hand but will try to locate some, exactly what phone type are you using ...and how much of a delay do you get ??

Colin

Colin

just noticed HTD and HTA should be HFA and HFD
sorry,, finger trouble

We have 2616 BA & AA phones. What happens is when you hit the hands free button, instead of getting astong dial tone, you get a very soft, someimes no dial tone. However, if you hit the mute button after hitting the hands free button, you get your strong dial tone. Right now we are replacing a capacitor and it seems to be helping, but not long term. Any schematics would help a lot.

Is the phone in a noisy environment?
If so the room noise will cause the speakerphone to seem silent. The phone is “listening” to loud noise and therefore cutting the speaker off. Once you press ‘mute’ the phone no longer hears any sound and the speaker will be active.
A lot of times people put on the Hands free Speaker phone when with on hold. I always recommend hitting the MUTE button. Once the other party returns, you sure to hear them answer. Otherwise the room noise or other conversation will have the phone in ‘listen’ mode and you may not hear them return. Just may sure you pick up the handset or press mute again!
Try going to an office that’s quite and test it out. First, try it with the room quite, then turn on a radio and increase the volume each time on the radio. I bet you’ll be able to reproduce the same this that’s happening.

Of course, this theory works if the room is noisy in the first place.

I frequently experience this same problem. It doesn't appear to be a noise issue - more like a defect within the phone. Since my phones are covered under a maintenance contract, I don't know of a good fix. I just replace the bad phone with a new one.

Good Luck!

I don't think it's a noise problm here either. I do however think that it might be in the microphone circuit because of the noise interfearance thing. It seems like they're too sensitive or something. We have found that reheating the entire board helps a lot.

Are the new M3900 phones Full-Duplex speakerphones or still the same lousy Singles like the 2000 series?
Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

I also have this issue (only recently since a move to a new building...never experienced it in the old location), and although I agree with the noise issue, this is not the same as this happens in private offices that are completely noise free. It happens randomly. It is more than a bad phone since this is happening on 50% of the phones that never had issues before. It is a strange one. I would love to have the answer to this one. Yes monkeylizard, the new 3900 sets have full duplex speakers in them. They work like a charm. I use them in conference rooms where I did not have spare Polycom's. Only draw back that I have found, the displays are bad. They seem to die quite frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back