Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handling Prompts in Cognos Impromtu reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atul73

Programmer
Apr 24, 2001
AU
1) In the prompt when I enter date it takes in YYYY-MM-DD format. How do I change this format to DD-MM-YYYY

2) How to add our own messages in the prompt for a invalid input.

3) Can we add some text in the bottom of the prompt screen.

4) I am having one crosstab report which contains one main report & one subreport. I want to have only one prompt for both main & subreport. Is it possible? Is yes how do I pass the values of the prompt to the subreport?

1) To change to DD-MM-YYYY format, you must designate this in the format option while in the .imr you are using for the prompt. The default entry from the Prompt Manager dialog box gives you the opportunity to enter a default, which is then used for the report prompt.
2) The Prompt Manager option in the Report menu allows you to add your own messages in the prompt for input. (Same dialog box as above question)
3) No
4) Base the first report on the second as a dataset if you can, I never tried this with a crosstab yet, but it may just work. Have you worked with Cascading prompts yet? That should work also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back