Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hallow shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

anywhereigo

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
CA
It's a basic simple question but I need your expert advice. How do I make a hallow shape? For example, I want a circle with just the edges visible and the inside area transparent.

This is what am planning to accomplish:

I want to create a big circle and within this circle:

1. I want to devide it into 4 quadrants with borderlines.
2. I want to fill in each quadrant with specific colors.

If someone can give me an idea, this would be my key to make wonders.

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Rob,

Open a new document transparency.

Use the cicular marquee, hold shift to make it a perfect cicle, then choose your color on the toolbar, use the foreground color for whatever you want the border for the circle to be, then go to EDIT-STROKE, choose center, and choose your pixel size. De-select the marquee Ctrl-D.

Then select all, copy, delet, paste (this will put the cicle dead center of your document). Activate rulers, Ctrl-R and drag the guides to the center of your cirlce, they should snap to the outside and the center of any image, (this works in PS-6), which I believe you have to activate snap to grid Ctrl-;. Once you have a vertical guide going straight through the middle of you circle, and a horizontal guide going right through your circle, create a new layer.

On the new layer, use the square marquee and use the same stroke method then de-select, you'll be left with a square with the same width as your circlce, you'll have to erase, part of the square, then select all, copy, delete, paste, and it should be centered, then duplicate layer, rotate 90 degress (EDIT-TRANSFORM-ROTATE 90 DEGREES) either, 90 CW, OR 90 CCW, doesn' matter, then when you have your circle with your lines merge visible, then choose the fill tool, and fill in each quadrant with what ever color you want.

Nate (0598792469)
lapdswatagent@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back