Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hallo, i have the following proble

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelhoff

Technical User
Oct 11, 2002
DE
Hallo,
i have the following problem with citrix:
We have a citrix-server (metaframe 1.8) farm with 4 IBM servers.The operating system is win2k. Sometimes one of the servers freezes. All active sessions on this server are freezed. When i logged on the console of this server the windows 2000 works. So it seems that the citrix above the win2k is crashed. There are no errors in the event-log of win2k and the only way to fix the problem is to reboot the server. Then after rebooting it works.
Have anyone this problems too ? Have anyone an idea to fix this problem ?

Grettings
MichelHoff

Next time it crashes check that the "Independent Management Architure" service hasn't stalled.

I don't know the reason why this service would stall but at least it would give you an idea of whats happening and the ability to dig further.

Hello myhc,
first thank you for this tip. The next time the server hangs up i will look for this service you told me. Then i will be back here.

Greetings

michelhoff

The Citrix Independent Management Architecture service is specific to MetaFrame XP. MetaFrame 1.x used the ICA Browser service, which would hang every now and then - there were many reasons, including Windows 2000 Service Packs. Ensure you are running MetaFrame 1.8 Service Pack 3 and Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, and the most up-to-date clients.

If this only happens every few days, implement a regular reboot cycle via the Task Scheduler (This has been covered several times in the past here).

I hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back