Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Halftones and light in motion??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourberra

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
I have two questions I would love to have answered.

The first one being, how do you create halftones with both one color and more than one color... specifically on the edges of objects?

My second question is this... How do you achieve the effect of headlights (on cars) in motion?

Thanks for any help. It is much appreciated!

Hi,

Read my FAQ on duo-tones. FAQ229-1922.

As for the car thing are you talking about just seeing the streets and lines of light of the car's headlights and brake lights, etc?

NATE
spyderix.gif

Oh nice,

That's a really nice picture. The effect is called time lapse photography. But, I have no idea how you would replicate that. Get yourself a really good camera and fool around with it.

Here are some thoughts going through my mind right now that you could experiment with if you want to try to make a purely digital version of this:
make almost straight lines, skew them, use stroke and then add gradients to it, use layer masks to fade it out in certain places, use wind filter, change the opacity so that you can see through it just a bit.

But I'm really not sure. You could email the creator and see if he will give you any info on how he did it. NATE
spyderix.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back