Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Had to reinstall 2000 Advanced Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixiedi

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2001
US
Quick run down of what is up.

I am not the server admin. I am a webmaster and manager of our fledgling hosting company.

My husband is our server admin. He is not available right now, and short phone calls have not gotten me up to speed.

I inadvertantly crashed the server. Totally crashed it.
I have reinstalled the server, the DNS is working, and all of the web sites show a under construction notice.

What I did...

When I was ready to add the sites to IIS, I dragged individual site folders into the folder, then opened IIS and added each web.

I am sure I have added them to the wrong folder (or something) in IIS. Can anybody, with so little info help me out here.

My husband won't even be availble by phone until tomorrow evening, I really need to get these sites back up and have run out of ideas.

Thanks for all your help. Some type of response would have been appreciated, even if you experts don't know the answer. There must be some type of manager to this area, why didn't you at least reply with no reply?
As far as I know, my question has been chosen for "no read!" What a terrible waste of internet bandwidth.

I assume that you made the appropriate changes to the property sheets for ALL webs in question? It seems pretty peculiar that EVERY site shows the DEFAULT "Under Construction" page.

Thank you very much for the reply.
And no, I had missed completing one of the property tabs, repeatedly. DUH.
Talk a bout a crash course in servers.
but I made it and everybody is up and working.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back