Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Had Door phone and Opening Controller on MICS now on BCM it wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoeKoe101

Vendor
Mar 16, 2006
US
I had a Door Phone and Door Opening Controller on a MICS. We migrated to a BCM and the BCM will not recognize the Door phone. In the BCM documentation is referes to the Door Phone as a BTS Door Phone. I was told that ALL norstar doorphones are BST Door phones but Unified Manager will not recognize the door phone. I am stumped. Does any one know if the MICS and BCM require different door phones? If so can we still use the same DOC and what are the needed dip-switch settings?

I do not rememeber the part number but you have to order a BCM capatable door box. The old ones will not work.

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

CCNA,CCNP,CIPT, Network+
Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Jeter is correct - The BCM requires a BST doorphone - the old Norstar ones don't work.

NT8B79FD - Doorphone
NT8B79FE - Controller

But there isn't a Nortel Door Phone that works on the BCM50... correct?

Not yet - BST doorphones are supposed to be supported in BCM 50 release 2.0. Until then, you could use an analog doorphone (valcom, or something like that) on one of the analog station ports on the BCM 50.

We have a BCM 1000
this is what we have installed
NT8B79FA - Door Phone
NT8B79FB - Controller

So these part numbers will not work on the BCM 1000 correct?

I have the door phone installed with a seperate door locking system but we did have a third party box installed on an analogue extension. We use the exernal page to close a relay to open the door.

Marshall

This third party devise what is it and how did you program this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back