Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,

Have a Basic 9.0 system & customer said over the weekend their phones were completely down.
They have the old Partner 18 D phones working off of 2 ETR cards.
Brought the system back here & eventually found out they got hacked into.
I've been after their IT guy to get their system locked down cause I could see people trying to get in it for years.
Whoever did this changed the password on me. I ended up DTE in the system & got in the system now.
After that is how I found they got hacked into & why the system was down.
What they did was put an essential license on it then had a number in the incoming call route.
Now when I have their SD card in another control cabinet & have a Digital Combo Card with a digital phone it says "System Unlicensed"

Just wondering the best way to revert their system back to Basic Mode & maybe not lose any voicemail messages/Greetings?

I do have a backup from when I did programming changes from October 2nd.
Should I just get that offline config & load it to their existing SD Card?
That's where I'm not sure if existing voicemail will still be on it.

Thanks

That is incredibly odd... I have literally never heard of a hacker putting a license into a basic mode system so they can forward calls...

As for getting back to basic mode if you have a backup use that. If not you will need to default the system and program from scratch.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks critchey,

That's what I was thinking, just wanted someone to confirm.
I did just that & all is good again.
Told them not to plug into network until they have things on their end resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back