Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HA with Compaq server and raid

Status
Not open for further replies.

relikwie

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2002
NL
Hello,

I'd like to ask for some advice / tips, after I searched the internet about this subject and haven't found any clear documentation.

Iam thinking to cluster our PDC, now a single Proliant ML350 server with RAID-bays built in. This machine is getting more and more important latley.
So my thoughts where to purchase a new compaq server or build a fast machine myself and a DASD RAID cabinet.
So when the PCD goes down the BDC can take over de RAID cabinet and act as a PDC.
Iam very new to this but am able to read and learn.
All I need is documentation.

Is what Iam asking possible, and if so, do I need third party software. Like HA software?

And does someone knows good recources on the internet?

What solution would an expert here suggest (costs effective).

Oh yes, the current compaq server has RAID built in, where the OS partition is running on. Can I keep that like this and just transfer the exsisting shares to the upcomming RAID cabinet?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the poor englisch,
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back