Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

h323 voip between a BCM 400 and BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
I have a customer who has a BCM 400 4.0 with 8 gateway trunks and a BCM 50 2.0 with 2 gateway trunks. The customer keeps calling me saying the VOIP is down. What is happening is when the users on the BCM 50 system try calling over voip it says no free lines. IF i restart the system or restart the FEPS service it begins to work again. I am using a customer supplied VPN with cisco PIX's. What i have noticed today was calls from the 50 to the 400 go through no problem after the restart but the calls from the 400 to the 50 ring for about 3 seconds and then cut off. The 50 is patched up to date and the 400 is patched current as of May. Any Ideas guys

Grab the logs off the M50 after your trunks lock-up, find the feps.log.x files in the diagnostics logs, there will be a number of these and send these files to joeg@nortel.com put a reminder in the email of what the problem is, don't delete the rest of the logs. I will take a look at it, I can at least tell you if it is a Nortel Atributable problem.

I will get the logs tonight and send them to you. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back