Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H.323 trunk fast start / early media

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
Got an older Aura 5.21 system at home that I have connected to the C*Net collectors network:

Avaya CM <--> Cisco CUCM <--> Asterisk C*Net tandem <--> C*Net collectors network

CM to Cisco is an H.323 trunk. Cisco to the Asterisk tandem is SIP. Asterisk to C*Net is IAX.

Calls work fine for the most part. The trouble I'm having is that some of the other switches on the collectors network are sending progress tones as early media. I can hear them just fine on a phone connected directly to the Asterisk tandem and from Cisco. On the Aura switch I'm getting locally generated ringback. This wouldn't be a big deal, except the whole point of C*Net is to be able to hear antique electromechanical switches.

I've got inbound and outbound fast start enabled on the Cisco side. I don't see any such setting on either the signaling group or trunk group on the Avaya side. I've H.323 Station Outgoing Direct Media as both yes and no. I've tired Direct IP-IP Audio Connections set to Y. I've tried changing the protocol on the trunk from AT&T to QSIG. internetworking message is set to Y and Aura is providing early media/fast start on incoming calls. But I cannot get early media on outgoing calls.

Is this even an option? Anyone know a workaround to make this work?

I'd use SIP but this system isn't licensed for it.

For those not familiar, the C*Net collector's network is a distributed IP based network of antique/vintage telephone collectors. I can grab a tie trunk from my CM system and dial in to old mechanical Step by Step, Crossbar, and even manual cord board systems that belong to other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back