Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H.323 link between Avaya S8710/G650 and Cisco Call mgr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwoodbob

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
US
I'm just getting into the thick of an issue with an H.323 link, pouring over an interoperability doc and checking settings on both ends. I'll have to rely on another team member to check cisco router settings.

The issue is that you can call from the CCM across the link to an Avaya phone no prob, but from the Avaya to Cisco there is no call set up info sent and the call will not complete.

From the above scenario, is there any evident set-up ommission? (I realize more detailed info may be needed.)

Avaya or Cisco are not my strength, so I'll apologize for my ignorance. But, given time I will figure this out. I was just hoping to cheat a little to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

General Information:

Status Trunk X where X = the avaya trunk number. Should should inservice idle for starters. If so that is one common problem solved.

In your signaling group is your trunk entered in the field for channel selection? Another common problem.

In the emulator (blue screen version of ASA) do 'list trace tac *015' or whatever code you use for trunk acess while attempting a call.

The extension you call must be assigned on the Cisco side.

Dialplan analysis - digits dialed should be aar and not ext.
AAR analysis - digits should equal a route
Routes - Route should refer to your trunk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back