Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H.323 integration got me stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

seezer

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
I recently installed an MM R2.01 system connected to an S8500/G650 (CM 3.0) via H.323 integration. Upon testing, I noticed in the op history log that the calling extension is not being passed for internal calls; external numbers are correctly passed to MM. This is how the integration info is shown in the op hist log for an internal call:

Integration data: Extension: 4599. Called Extension: 4450. Calling Extension: .

MWI works fine and there are no alarms or errors in the message log. The system is running at SP3.

I've checked my PBX settings against the current H.323 config notes several times it looks good. I also called Avaya and was told to try playing around with the public/private numbering tables.

I've done several 1.0 and 1.1 installs in the past so I'm familiar with the installation process.

Anyone have any pointers or ideas?

Regards,

Seezer

Hi Ken,

Callers hear the subscriber's greeting when the call goes to coverage and are able to leave messages. Integration fails when subcribers dials the pilot number internally. Instead of prompting for the subscriber's password, the TUI prompts for the mailbox # and password even though calling from their assigned extension. My fault for not mentioning this in my original post.

Regards,

Seezer

I assume that the incoming message below is a direct call and the VM number is 4599 ?

Integration data: Extension: 4599. Called Extension: 4450. Calling Extension:

Ken Means

Yes, the pilot number is 4599 and the message was from an extension-to-extension call that went to coverage. The numbers for outside callers appear in the calling extension field.

Thanks,

Seezer

All i know id that in the calling ext number it should show the number that made the call. I am not sure why it is not but i will do some shecking on my system on monday. But it does sound like an issue with the numbering table.

Ken Means

You can do a list trace on the S8500 to maybe help you troubleshoot the problem. Also, the last IP integration I did, I used the public-unknown format and had to build the isdn numbering table for it.

Thanks ChuckRCT. I ran a list trace on the IP trunk and confirmed that the CPN for internal calls to MM is not be received, though the CPN for outside calls are.

I'll take a look at the public unknown numbering table and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Seezer

ChuckRCT and KenMeans,

You were right about using public-unknown numbering format. I had to search around but finally got my hands on an older version of the H.323 config notes, which uses pub-unk instead of the unk-unk format on the trunk group form.

Once I changed the numbering format and added the extension ranges to the public-unknown-numbering table, the CPN showed up in the op hist log.

Thanks ChuckRCT and KenMeans for pointing me in the right direction!

Seezer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back