Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GWIA problem since upgrade 6.0 to 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakujii

MIS
Jul 4, 2003
CA
Since we have upgraded Grpwise to 6.5, sometimes the GWIA seems to be receiving a command to restart and bloc in the process:

Processing outbound command...
Restart in progress...

And I can see that Program is in CmdProc state.

Anybody ???

Fred

You have only one life, enjoy it !!!

never seen it

have you but sp1 on

must confess - i'm using sp2 beta on gwia
it's solid

yes sp1 is installed

using netware 6.0 sp3

Fred

You have only one life, enjoy it !!!

I was getting that too after upgrading. It ended up being a corrupt file in one of the queues. I cleaned them all out and the problem went away.

Boell,

Where was the corrupt file - in what directory? I am having this same problem with my gwia restarting every 8-10 minutes.

Thanks

WPCSIN and WPCSOUT are what you clean out IIRC. These are the in and out cues. A junked file in there can abend the thing. I think all you need to do is rename the existing ones? Check for a TID though. Haven't had to do this in years... (thanks GW!)

Our system is 6.5.1 but we're on the SP2 Beta GWIA as well (to cure an IMAP abend) and it's running great.

PS - for some great uptime ideas, buy Tay Kratzers new "success with groupwise clustering" book online. Even if you don't cluster you can still use his architecture ideas (a domain for the GWIA for ex) and load the agents into named memory etc. Some very cool stuff in there. (I don't work for them.. I just read it and felt my head expand! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back