Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GWAVA IMAP Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhugh0411

Technical User
Jul 12, 2004
I have just recently installed GWAVA on our system. All is well but cannot connect to the IMAP port 143 on our master server. This server runs our GWIA, WebAccess, MTA, POA. The port seems to be already in use by the GWIA. Is there anyway to get around this? I tried using port 142 and 144 but no luck. That was GWAVA's suggestion and said if that did not work then it was a Groupwise problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Brian Hughes
Network Administrator
A+,MCP,MCSE2000,MCDBA200,CNA 5.1/6/6.5

By default GW uses port 143 for the IMAP protocol. Have you checked that ports 142 and 144 are open and available? As for GW being the problem w/GWAVA not installing, I don't see that being the case for your current issue. But, I have already been wrong 13 times this year.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Now when the POA is using 144 will the GWIA use 143? We turned off IMAP on the GWIA and looked at the ports in use and 144 is in use by the POA. Still cannot get it to do a Post-Office Scan. Thanks for all your help.

Brian Hughes
Network Administrator
A+,MCP,MCSE2000,MCDBA200,CNA 5.1/6/6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back