Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW6 Webaccess on Win2000 IIS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGuySmall

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
Hello,
I am trying to install GW6 Webaccess Application on a Win2000 IIS Webserver. I want to put the IIS Webserver out in front of a firewall. Will this work?
1) Does GW6 Webaccess Application have to be on a box physically mapped to the Server with Webaccess Agent?
2)Does the IIS Webserver box need a separate domain?
3)Anybody have an tips on getting the GW6 Webaccess Application to communicate through the firewall to the MTA and Webaccess Agent?
4) Any tips on implementing SSL on the IIS Webserver when a user logs in?

1) Does GW6 Webaccess Application have to be on a box physically mapped to the Server with Webaccess Agent?

No it does not. The only time you need to map anything is when you are initially installing the WebAccess Application. You will need to point to the GW Domain.

2)Does the IIS Webserver box need a separate domain?

Ideally you don't want ANY domain controllers outside your firewall. Install it as a stand alone machine, with minimal user accounts, no Domain Accounts. I suggest you put the webserver in a DMZ on your firewall if you have one.

3)Anybody have an tips on getting the GW6 Webaccess Application to communicate through the firewall to the MTA and Webaccess Agent?

Just make sure you have port 80 for HTTP 443 for HTTPS so external users can access the webserver. Port 7205 will be necessary for the webserver to access the GroupWise Agent on the internal network.

4) Any tips on implementing SSL on the IIS Webserver when a user logs in?

If you need more assistance, try the user forums at support.novell.com/forums - they're a great resource.

Thanks, FairbanksF.

I'm is the same boat as BigGuySmall and needed the same info to set it up. Thanks for the info.

Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back