Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW window moves up the Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2000
CA
GroupWise 5.2 window "creeps" up the screen everytime it is launch. I modified the ViewSettings in the Registry, deleted and rebuilt values as suggested in similar situations. None was successful. Would appreciate help. Thanks.

daxx -<br><br>Not sure if this is the one you tried, but here it goes:<br><br>HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\View Settings <br><br>Look for the Mail.Position entry and delete it.<br><br>Groupwise will create another one on restart, kinda like deleting the normal.dot.<br><br>Hope this helps ~<br><br>

Thanks Ripper. That's exactly what I did and it did not resolve the issue. I even tried to copy the values from another similar workstation. Nothing seems to work.

daxx -<br><br>Hmm . . well, I've heard (not tested) you can re-arrange your toolbar twice and it may fix the problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;Move toolbar to original position, and strecth it up equivilant to 3 rows deep.&nbsp;&nbsp;Restart.&nbsp;&nbsp;Re-position to orignal size. Restart again.&nbsp;&nbsp;I know it sounds odd, but some claim this works.<br><br>Perhaps just a fresh install would solve the problem.<br><br>Please let us know the outcome.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've started working with GroupWise as of recent, and I'm sure I'll see this sooner or later.<br><br>

Use uninstall GroupWise and use Novell's Windows Registry Editor and make sure that all of the GroupWise entries are removed.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then restart the machine and re-install GroupWise.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have run into this issue before.&nbsp;&nbsp;In most cases, this has solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back