Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW disconnects from server sending attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonwebb

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2001
US
Using Groupwise 5.2, and Netware client 4.7 - when user sends an e-mail with an attachment - she gets disconnected from the server and Groupwise shuts down. We've reloaded both the clients and checked her mail database for corruption. Any ideas?

Thanks

Are you connecting tcpip or direct mapped? Try changing to tcpip only.

Why is the Netscape client important? Are you using webaccess?

We're not using a Netscape client - it's a Netware Client. And she does have web access.

I misread the post.

Connecting with tcp/ip is a good idea. If there's a bad file at least it won't break the connection.

It could also be something with Windows Messaging. Or maybe a corrupt tcp/ip stack.

I might try uninstalling the Netware Client, Groupwise and all the networking configurations. Delete the Novell folder from C: Drive and reinstall everything. And while your at it , upgrade to the latest NetWare client - version 4.8.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back