Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW calender appt. to Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyppo44

MIS
Apr 18, 2007
US
Hello All,
I have a user using GW 7.02. When he sends a calender appointment with recurring instances to an exchange user, they are only seeing the very first instance. The recurring instances do not appear in the calender. Has anyone seen this issue? If Appointment is sent to multiple users, all GroupWise users are able to see all instances. Outlook users only see the first one.

Thanks in advance.

Have you confirmed that iCal is enabled on your GWIA? And I have not seen this issue but have seen cases where iCAL is hit or miss, but in my testing I have found that its not GroupWise that is typically the problem, it's usually the end client that doesn't translate the data correctly. I'm not saying that is the case with you, you'd have to troubleshoot that to determine, but should be explored.

Also, the fact that it works internally to GroupWise is a bad test. You need to test externally so it crosses the GWIA. Test it to Google or Yahoo.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back