Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW backup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

summoner

Technical User
Sep 28, 2002
US
What is the proper way to back up a gw system. I've received conflicting information. One guys says you need backup software that is gw compliant for the backup. Another guy mentioned that with the gw tsa, any backup software should be able to read gw files. Can somebody please give me a correct answer?

I'm using BackupExec 9.1 (with AOFO) to backup GW through TSAFS, not GWTSA. This is all running on Netware 6.5.

BTW, the answers that Marvin gave you in the Netware 6.5 forum are absolutely accurate. Marvin is one of the "heavy hitters" in this forum, I advise you to listen carefully to his advice. He's a consultant who's built hundreds of systems.

I have been told that you can use Groupwise's dbcopy utility to make a full copy of the domain and post office directories (and you can do it safely while the system is running), and then use your backup method of choice to backup those dbcopy files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back