Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 7 sp1 - appointment(s) durations are 1 minute off

Status
Not open for further replies.

michigan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
Hi everyone. We are running GW 7 - sp1
Opening the calendar view (month/calendar view as default) all appointments are visible. Once we mouse over an appointment it shows the duration 1 minute short of the original duration. All 1 hour meetings show as 59 minutes (2pm - 2:59pm) all 1:15 meetings show as 1:14. If you double click into the appointment, the duration is correct.

I've tested this with various users, various proxy, etc... same results. Strangely, this is happening to 80% of all appointments. Sometimes the mouse over does show correct.
All users have the default (1 hour) durations. Some have alarms. I can't find any variable to rule out.

Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks in advance.

will have a look on mine tomorrow
afraid i never use a callander so have never noticed

Update -

I've confirmed this now with more users - it really doesn't matter what the duration is - it will be off by one minute (when you mouse over the appt time). I did confirm this is not a problem when accessing our mail via WebAccess - on mouse over, all show correct.

Appreciate any suggestions on this one.
Thank you.

Is it safe to assume that the problem workstations are also running the GW7 SP1 client and not the original client release?

Within the client... Help - About -- SHould show:

Program Release: 7.0.1 6/13/2006
Build Number: 364

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Hello Marvin,

Yes, each client has the latest build. It's the strangest thing. With more testing I discovered if I move an appointment's duration by an hour or so, it will display correct on mouse-over. Yet, if I move it back to it's original duration, and same issue . . . shy by 1 minute on mouse over.

Thanks.

I checked mine and see the same thing. I wonder if it is actually by design, because if you think about it, say 2:00 - 2:59 is 1 hour. if you went from 2:00 - 3:00, that would actually be 1 hour 1 minute, and push into your 3:00 appointment that you may have.

Just a thought. I really don't have any better answer. You could always call Novell and ask them, but I'm not sure if that's worthy of a support call.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Hi again Marvin. Thanks for looking at yours. It is nice to know someone else sees what I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back