Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 6.5 how to mail to multile recipients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isthisadagger

Technical User
Apr 10, 2007
DE
hi,

i am trying to find a way to send a mail to multiple recipients. when copy/pasting the adresses, gw looks up each mail in the company addressbook which takes forever. copy/pasting the names has the same result.

how can i get the email addresses i already have into the recipient field without the addressbook lookup?

thnx in advance.

Will these same recipients be used in future e-mails? If so I would just create a group in one of my personal address books.

V-Peace-V

no its a one time job most of the time.
but the problem would be the same. to create a group with all the names i would have to manually search/add them one by one.
i already have a complete list of names/emails and just want to copy paste em.

I will assume (and I hate to assume) that the list of addresses you have is in either a csv, txt or xml format. If so I know of no GW function that will import this list for you. I've used a 3rd party app from Toffa that will allow you to perform this task. Again, only if the files are in a csv, txt or xml format.

Maybe someone else has a trick for this, but I don't know of any built in solution.

V-Peace-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back