Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 5.5 in NW Small Business 5, PFA, GWIA, won't pull down i-net mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyG

Technical User
Feb 21, 2000
US
Visit site
I installed GW 5.5 as part of Small business suite 5 and can't get it to pull down internet mail. The isp is set to forward POP3, but we can't get it to do it for one account let alone others. <br>
Call to Novell (paid) didn't help, they just made sure their<br>
stuff was working okay. ISP isn't much help. If only they'd look at their logs to see if it is authenticating (I don't think it is). Does anyone have all the settings for INETCFG and any other cfg programs I'm missing. I used the NICE that comes with NWSB5, but it still isn't working. <br>
Any info on setting up GW and internet mail would help. Need all the .cfg .mta .poa settings (examples). What's the deal with the class setting in pfa.cfg? Does it remain pointing to Novell? or should it point to my ISP?

We did get it working but PFA made us very nervious. Other things started not to work property. So we when to the Enhancement Pack. Bingo, the new way, not PFA, works, and Office 2000 works. <br>
NOTE A GOTCHA: Install the EP on the server, clean booted with nothing running else you get a partial install.<br>

oops sorry <br>
EH = Novell Groupwise 5.5 Enhancement Pack<br>
New way = You get a pull down menu on you tool bar called Accounts. it works like Microsofts &quot;accounts&quot; under Outlook Express. <br>
Geoff

I can't find the Enhancement pack anywhere. I've looked all over the Novell site. <br>
<br>
Where can I get it?<br>
<br>
Ken Wilkins<br>
<A HREF="mailto:boethos@netset.com">boethos@netset.com</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back