Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 5.5 Clients Options within Netware Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHesse

MIS
Oct 3, 2001
US
In my office it has become necessary to change the client options for users' trash folders. I need to change the auto-delete feature from 5 days to 10 days. When I go into Netware Admin and access the client options for the post office, I find that the feature is locked and greyed-out so that I can't modify it. I'm a little confused as to why because I'm logged on with administrator rights. I inherited the post office (didn't set up myself) with these settings. Am I missing something obvious? Any help would be appreciated.

What version of GroupWise are you using? Server and Client versions?

Are you trying to modify the Client Settings NWADMIN32 / GroupWise View? If not, you should.

Are you logging in using the ADMIN Account, or an account that is an Admin equivalent?

Please advise.

i saw this problem before my gw croaked last year to fix it i logged in as admin and went to groupwise view and changed my client options on my users from there...they i did a complete top down rebuild and my changes finally replicated through the tree

Perhaps the option is locked at the domain level? Or the system level?

What laurieba said is true. If it was locked (the padlock clicked) at the domain then every post office below that domain would be greyed-out (blocked from changing it back). If it is changed at the domain but not locked, all post offices will be changed but they can individually be modified without changing any other PO's.

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

Problem solved - It was modified at the domain.

Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back