Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guys, [indent]I have a BCM 450 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR Comm

Programmer
Jan 23, 2017
US
Guys,

I have a BCM 450 6.0 in which the remote forward from the phone set has stopped working. It only works now if the extension is dialed from internal etc 1010 from any extension and will forward to the external number set on the phone. If I dial the DID attached to extension 1010 it goes to the main receptionist. This forward has been working for a few years and seemed to just stop working about 4 weeks ago. I cannot see any changes in the settings for this phone, it is the control, prime set of the phone and target line?????

Any idea's
Thanks Steve​

How was it forwarded to begin with?

Did you forward the set or redirect the DID/target line?
Did you have Express Messaging Line programmed?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

We forward the set. That has always worked on many systems.

If dialed internal using an extension, dialing the extension number (1010) it will forward to a cell phone every time. If you dial the DID that is assigned to that extension as Appear and ring (1010) from a cell phone or external number outside PBX It goes to the receptionist. If not on forward DID works fine and will ring extension. Stumped!!!

Double check:
Route XXX told to use PRI-X
Dest code told to use route XXX
Allow Redirect is ON
Target line must be assigned to Appear and Ring at that phone.
2 Intercom keys
Carrier to allow Trunk to Trunk transfer
Target XXX Prime Set is the DN in question (or None) and not reception.

Outta Ammo!

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

It sounds to me your carrier has started blocking trunk to trunk transfer. This is typically an optional feature on PRI/T1. They probably discovered you had it enabled and were not paying for it.

Marv ccna

I had some DIDs adding and i'm having CLID issues I believe you got it. I will get with carrier. THANKS AGAIN

My carrier is of course saying that they have no control and the vendor can only control trunk to trunk transfer and that I have turn it off. This worked fine 30 days ago and still works in a Ky location just fine. We have done no changes to either switch and Windstream in Houston is the only people doing anything to one of our PRIs. So the carrier is the problem right? All settings check out fine and match with the Ky office which is a different Carrier?

Please Help

Escalate with repair to a supervisor.
Maybe ask for Sales from the start and ask them is Trunk to Trunk transfer and option, if they say yes then let them know Repairs says it is always allowed and escalate from there.

Carrier allows the feature on the circuit
PBX controls which sets are allowed.

If you insist your settings are fine there is nothing for us to help with.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks Curlycord we are escalating tomorrow.

To be sure it's the CO rejecting the call, you could start BCM Monitor, go to the UIP tab, enable the PRI span used for the outbound call and make one such call. If the incoming call is forwarded to the external number, you should see the setup message for the outbound call from BCM to CO and a response from the CO. If the problem is your BCM configuration, you would see just the incoming call, but no outgoing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back