Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

guys a question please.. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfused

Technical User
Jan 27, 2001
US
a client of mine has a logo that they want me to use..unfortunatly the only place they have the file is set as the background on there desktop..they deleted the actual bmp that they used to set as the background..now i know that the file is there somewhere becuse windows is using it for the background..do you guys no what folder windows keeps the background artwork files in so i can go and retrieve that bmp file?

thanks in advance..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Should be in C:\Windows...
The name may not be the same as the original, for instance if it was set from IE it may be called "Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp" All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

C:\Windows

right but what folder?
logo.gif

Try this:

start > search > find files/folders

enter in filenames to search for: *.bmp; *.jpg; *.gif
(make sure you add the semicolon and a space)

then click on search now.

When it's done, double click on files to view them. And, that should do it. --MiggyD

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

It should be directly in C:\Windows, not any subfolder under that All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

If u are not able to find the file .there is a very simple solution

try to rearrane the sesktop icons and strike the print screen key.the background will be copied to the clip board !!! select edit->paste and save as a file type of ur choice!!

ships are safe in the harbour !but it is not for which they are built for

Mulga is right...the .bmp will be on it's own in the C:\windows folder. once you have opened this folder, go to the view menu and choose to arrange icons by type. this will put all the bitmaps together. you should have no trouble finding it then....
good luck

you can't alt print screen without any type of windows being open..tried that along time ago..all it will copy is the task bar..anyways will look in the c folder when i get back to his pc..

thanks alot and have a great day..
logo.gif

ah hah..but you can just do printscreen and get the desktop alone..cool i never new that..always did alt print screen..

thanks..
logo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back