Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GUIs in Redhat 8.0? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newposter

Technical User
May 9, 2002
US
I just installed RH8 server, but can't find any GUIs in the app to administer Sendmail, FTP or Samba. These would be really helpful to have for a newbie like me. Did I miss anything in the installation, or do I have to go looking for 3rd party bloatware if I want a GUI for these?

Long-term, I'll use shell. But I want to test a domain setup with mail and FTP now without spending my life learning it. Newposter
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

You could install a third party tool called "webmin", good to configure the servers you want (browser interface), I think :)

samba has a web based config tool that you probably have installed. If memory serves me, it's called SWAT. You can do a search on google for it to get info on how to use it. I haven't really seen any good guis for ftp and sendmail, but I've had no need to change default settings on either so I haven't really looked.

-Venkman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back