Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guide to AccPac's object for VB programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidMWilliams

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2003
AU
Is there an online resource somewhere to help me get started with programming AccPac in VB? Thanks!

David M. Williams
National I.T. Manager
Advantage Personnel Pty. Ltd.
AUSTRALIA

None that I am aware of. Accpac does not have any reall good information on the subject either. search this forum for 'xAPI' or 'a4wcom.dll' or VB, etc, etc. You should find some threads that can help you get started (create and open a session object) and give you a few beginning pointers.

Otherwise, when you are stuck or have a specific question post it and we will see what we can do.

One thing that you can do is to record macros and see what has been recorded. It will give you the views that you need and show you how to properly compose view relation ships.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

If you install the ACCPAC SDK you will find a small program, in the ACCPAC\Tools folder, called 'View Information'. This gives a data dictionary break down of all the views, view fields, field datatypes, default field values, possible field values, field masks, view relationships, indexed fields, key fields and the tables that the view can be found in.

It's the best tool that I have found for getting information on the views. It is also right there on my computer all the time.

Take Care,

zemp

"If the grass looks greener... it's probably because there is more manure."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back