Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guidance with PHP/MySQL/Apache Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2E

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
GB
Hi there,

I've recently purchased a laptop for the purpose of doing PHP development - I would like to install PHP on there but first wanted to get advice on the best way to do this...I'm looking for an installation which will install all the necessary components (php, mysql, apache) with the least amount of configuraiton and fuss!

Thanks in advance!!

----Ment2Excel (M2E)----
--LEARN BY EXAMPLE--

Look inot Xampp or EasyPHP. Either one of these will install MYSLQ/PHP/Apache, in one single Windows installer with a minimum of user intervention.

Of course its always good to know the intricacies oif manually installing and configuring PHP, but for a fast deployment either one of those packages does the trick.

XAMPP: EasyPHP:
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

If your using it for development ask your ISP or ServerAdmin for a copy of their php.ini file. The reason i say this is running the same ini can weed out issues with different running configs later on (registrar globals etc).

Saying that, depending on how well your app is coded it should run on any install as long as the required components are there (gd etc).

I wish someone would just call me Sir, without adding 'Your making a scene'.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back