Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guest book using front page

Status
Not open for further replies.

davy53

Technical User
Oct 31, 2004
GB
How do I find out if my host supports php or asp, I have tried emailing them but they seem reluctant to answer giving the excuse they are very busy supporting their new broadband connection. It would appear that FPSE is not installed on their server. All I want is a simple guestbook
Name:
E-Mail:

Cheers
Davy

Davy,

Generally you can find out this info by looking at the hosting packages offered by them. If the extensions are offered, then you should look at your site control panel. Although many hosts offer the extensions, you may need to turn them on or reset them from the control panel.

If they can't answer your email request for this info, I believe you need a new host. FrontPage compatible hosting is available for as little as $4.95 per month.

You can even get free FrontPage hosting that has the extensions available at netfirms.com.

My personal opinion is that if you intend to build with FrontPage, use a reliable FP host.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

How do I make a drop list that eliminates the choices if it is chosen, so it does not come up again the next time someone looks at it.

thanks

Hi,

The original post is months old but this might be useful to someone reading the thread later.

One simple way to determing if your host server supports PHP is to run a simple PHP script like the following:

Code:
<?
phpinfo();
?>

Save that code as an HTML file and upload it to your server. Open the file in your browser. If you don't see a page full of PHP configuration details, then your web server does not support PHP.

Hope this helps somebody,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back