Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gtk & glib update (how to do it ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janoh

Programmer
Jul 20, 2000
RO
Hi,

I'm running Slack 8.1 and I want to install some apps that requires GTK 2+. This also requires glib 2.0 +
Ok. I wanted to install gtk+ but it needed a newer version of the pkg-config tool.
I had 1.12 of it and wanted to upgrade to 1.15. I installed it and the following things happened. Sometimes the pkg-config --version gives me the old sometimes the new version. I restarted the system and now it's the new, I installed glib 2.0 and it appears in the pkg-conf --list-all but everything that I want to instal recognize the old one installed and that one I just can't find and uninstall. The new one appears with the version nr after it but the old one is nowhere and I just don't know how to change it (uninstall it maybe). I also didn't get what to do with the PKG_CONFIG_PATH because it contains nothing. Believe me, I've searched but I couldn't get any info.
If someone could help to locate and uninstall the older versions of gtk and glib or how to update I would really appreciate.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back