Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GTA2 on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2002
AU
I have a copy of Grand Theft Auto 2 on my pc (luckily I have a dual boot with 98) but for some reason, I cannot run this game on XP. I've tried using the compatibility garbage whne I go into the properties of the exe and set it to 98 but the bugger won't run. I THINK it ran in 2k but not sure. Same thing kinda happens with another of my games, airfix dogfighter. I don't really wanna switch to 98 to play some of these games but if no one really knows what could be done to fix it, I gonna have to go to a slightly more inferior OS... but not inferior by much. ;)

If compatibility mode does not work then I would go to the maker of the games website and see if they have any patches or fixes.
Good Luck

Stealer

Stealer, your plan = good. Did the same thing for nfs:hs but bloody ea don't make a patch for it... Hmmm... maybe gamecopy world does. El Presidente!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back