Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

>wav file on Android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclynch

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2011
US
We have a user with a android phone than can not open a .wav file from the mitel voice mail. It will work with a Cisco voice mail.

Let me get out my crystal ball and see if I can reach across the void to read your mind..............no nothing. In that case can you tell us what system, what sofware, what voicemail and what are you using to try to open the wav file.

Hmm guess there goes the New Years resolution to not be such an ass.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Sorry my bad in a hurry to get out of here. It is a Mitel 3300 MXE but we are using Nupoint for voice mail version 3.0 UR 1

Doesn't make any difference what level of software in this case, its a function of the Android. I could open the wav files quite happily until an upgrade of the OS on the phone and now I can't. Can open in outlook and play quite happily. if you find outr anything let us know.

Is it not allowing you to open it or not playing it? The default wav profile in nupoint is the old 8 bit one. Most new audio players do not include a codec to play it. Go into the mailbox and change the encoding and see if it works (not sure if this is available on 3.0) or download Remote Wave player on the phone from the app store.

I have remote wav on mine and it doesn't work; it did but not since upgrade of Android OS.

Went into the mailbox and dont see anywhere to change the Codecs. I am going to open a ticket with Mitel and will let you know if they have a solution.

Not sure if you can change the encoding in release 3. Our Nupoint is release 6 and get the same thing using the default Sony app that pops up to play the wav file.

The built in apps on an Android phone often have problem playing .wav files from voicemails. If you install the free Remote Wave player or pay 99 cents for WavPlayer you can access the .wav files from a voicemail. Maybe the Nupoint needs a setting to create .wav files in a format that can be played but others in the office with iPhones don't have a issue. Blackberries also have the issue.

You might want to check with the load of software you have but the latest Nupoint allows you to send voicemail files as MP#'s which was how we got by the Blackberry issue. Think MP3 might be the answer for Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back