Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GSX Ethernet errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickjkay

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
GB
I've installed GSX server so I could run server2k3 on my laptop(drivers were unsuported so I couldn't install active directory). Ive now installed active directory but can't get the host to conect to the guest OS. I get an erro message from Host XP
"The network bridge on device VMnet0 is temporarily down because the bridged Ethernetinterface is down. The virtual machien may not be able to communicate with the host or with other machines on the network"
Ive run ipconfig and it confirms that the ethernet status is media disconected, I've tryed to repair it but XP just comes back with a message saying it can't repair the conection which has a red cross. The wireless also has a red cross but conects fine. Any ideas, I really need Server2k3 to comunicate with XP, for now Im all out of ideas. Thanks in advance for the advice thats always quick and correct from this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back