Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GS ID? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjord

Programmer
May 3, 2005
US
How do I find or create my ISA ID and GS ID?
thanks.

This is second post- first did not show in forum?

Not sure I understand your question but I'll try to answer the best I can...

There are specific options define the the X12 guide that indicate what values you can use. examples are: 'Dunns', 'HINN', 'TIN' and mutually defined. The value once chosen needs to be static. The receiver will/should kick out docs from unknown/unidentifiable senders. If at some time you choose to change what you are using just let your trading partners know.

The GS-Sender is allows more options. Static also.

You will need to chose the value, or values, that will allow those receiving your documents to identifiy you. Once you have done so you'll need to let your trading partner know what to expect from you.

When you setup your trading partner relationship you also need to determine how they want to be identified as receiver.

Some trading partners such as Ford, Chrysler, and Visteon make it easy: They will have you use your supplier code as the ISA and GS sender ID.

If your trading partner leaves the choice up to you, I recommend your DUNS number. That seems to be the most commonly used that I've seen.

If you use your DUNS number, the qualifier is 01. If you use something else, the qualifier will vary accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back