Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GRTD Disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdcwillo

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
GB
Hello

Wandering if anybody has had the problem of GRTD suddenly vanishing from your desktop once you have entered yuor password!

Windows task manager states that it's running but it wont come to the front or maximise!

Seems the only way to remedy this fault is to do a complete re-install

Anyone got any better idea's?

Thanks

you'll more than likely see in task manager process called autoprog - stop this process and reboot the pc. Not the best solution (or an answer as to why)but it works for me and saves a complete reinstall.

hope this helps

Qey

"When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.

Thanks for you rhelp key but that solution does not seem to work either.

gdcwillo,

I experienced this before. I think the window is hidden somewhere out of the screen. All you need to do is to move the window so that you can see it.

Right click on the grtd window at the taskbar and select the 'move' action. Then, drag the window until you can see it (you can use arrow button to move the grtd window).

Good Luck :)

ErwinStevanus,

Thanks for the tip but I only get the option to move when GRTD is Minimised for some reason.

I am able to minimise and GRTD re-appears on the toolbar but it won't maximise

Please help it's doin my head in now!

willo,

I'm not sure whether this works.

If you have another pc with grtd installed (and running properly), you can copy the setting of the grtd information and paste it on your pc (the one having problem). This, however, will replace all your configuration for the grtd (including the display windows)

Here is the step:
1. Log Off from GRTD
2. Make sure you back up the *.mdb file in C:\Program Files\Nortel\GRTD of your pc
3. copy *.mdb files from the other pc (the one working normally) to the same folder in your pc
3. restart GRTD

:)

ErwinStevanus

Good thinking, this has got got it working again.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back