Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GRPWISE.EXE Error when working in Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmREA

MIS
Apr 24, 2003
CH
We have a "interesting" Problem here: one user always receives the Error-Message "grpwise.exe error" in an "Windows-Window" when he want to do something in his calendar. All other Users don't have this problem. When the User logs in on another workstation, he has the same problem, when someone else logs in on his workstation, Groupwise runs fine. So we can say, it's just this Users's Groupwise (not the Client). We have reinstalled his Workstation and deleted his serverbased Profile without any success. There is no Groupwise Error-Numnber, just this Window "GRPWISE.EXE ERROR". All Groupwise-Checks have also no problems reported.

Does someone has an idea what our problem could be?

Thank you for the hint. We'll check this out.

I've experienced something similar. GW simply closes when users access or try to post something on the calendar.

I've tracked it down to a bug in GW6 SP3 Client. I roled back to SP2 and the problem dissappeared.

Chris

We had that issue when one of the calendar views on the server wasn't updated when we installed a new sp. Everytime you tried to change anything in a calendar entry gwise.exe crashed. We had to delete the offviews folder on the server, and copy the newer views on top. What happens is the views the users see on the client is actually held on the server so it was this that was causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back