Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise to Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngardner

Technical User
Apr 1, 2002
AU
I have been given a CD of exported mail from Groupwise, which I need to export into Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2000)
The files seem to be in '001 file' or '002 file' format.
Does anyone know of a way that I can import this into Outlook?

GroupWise e-mails are stored in an encrypted format. Which to my understanding can only be read by a GroupWise client. Or from an Outlook client that is connected to a GroupWise client using a GroupWise/Outlook plug-in. I am assuming that the e-mails were exported from the GW message stores. What procedure was used to export the e-mail from the message stores?

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Unfortunately I have no idea. This was done for any employee at their former job. Is there a way I can find this out?
Thanks

I guess my question on how they were exported is immaterial. The only way that I could think of to get e-mails that came from a GW system into an Exchange system involves bringing them back through a GW system first. Like I said earlier, GW e-mails are stored in a proprietary encrypted format. That is the nice thing about GW, it's security. Hopefully someone else knows of a better method.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

As an after thought, if push came to shove on your end and the GW e-mails had to be imported into an Exchange system, you could download an evaluation copy of GroupWise and then you could perform the transformation between the two systems. Just a thought, sometimes a Sys Admin has to really earn his money. I try not to but there are those pesky days that I do. Good Luck!

GROUPWISE DOWNLOAD SITE:

FarOut
V-Peace-V

You can go to a third party site, such as, Nexic.com and buy the software (they used to have a trial copy avail., not sure if they do now). Nexic converts GroupWise email into HTML which then can be imported into Outlook.

That is the only way I know of.

Janis Tomasone
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back