Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise Search/Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejay33

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2002
US
Hello All,

We are running GW 6.5 sp6.

We have found that the Groupwise client search or filter does not find the contents of HTML only messages. So for instance, if we are looking for messages where Joe Smith was mentioned, it only finds the message if it was a plain text message or if the message contained both HTML and plain text. I have been able to duplicate the problem on any system in our offices.

For those of you wondering, I can tell if the message is HTML only by trying to change the view. The option to change view to plain text is grayed out if it is a HTML only message.

It is a big issue because when our employees are looking for messages, they believe they have a full list of what they are looking for when they are really missing some messages. We have found that if we reply to our self, the message then is searchable but it is not practical to keep doing that.

Has anyone run into this? Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel Joaquin

I found the answer to this one. Groupwise treats the HTML as an attachment. So when I search or filter for content that is only in HTML I have search the attachment.

So now I have instructed our users to use the advanced find or advanced filter with the perameters.

IE.

Message contains "order 12345" or
Attachment conatins "order 12345"

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back