Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

spazman

Programmer
May 29, 2001
CA
Hello,

I am in need of a way to do some scripting to our Groupwise 7 system. I have never scripted for Novell before. Basically what I need it the ablility to change a users distribution list memberships, the visibility in the system and disable the account, all via a VB script. I have searched google and novellamd here but I can't find anything.

A pointing finger in the correct direction would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance,

That helps, but does anyone know where I might find some examples?

I am trying to do some VB scripting to automate standard tasks when a user leaves the company, basically what I want to do is change the account visibility and change the password.

As well, if it's possible turn on a rule for auto response stating the employee is no longer with the company, but I realize this may be a manual process.

Your help is appreciated!

Not a lot of developers on this forum. You need to go ask in the novell forums at or check out Novell's Wiki or Cool Solutions sites.

What you are asking for, which is essentially user provisioning and de-provisioning, can be done with Identity Manager. You wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back