Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ablasc

Technical User
Jul 11, 2013
PE
I've deleted the msg.db, ngwguard.db, user.db, ngwguard.dc files on my computer, so I can´t view the emails. But I've the complete information on differents files (almost 4Gbps)
Anyone could help me in order to restore the database information.

We need more information. Were you running a locally cached copy of Groupwise. Why did you delete them (accident)? Can you just restore them using something like GetDataBack or other product.

Ciao goombawaho
I've deleted the files by mistake. The files were deleted from the archive backup
Do you know if it's possible to view these email using Groupwise or other program
BR

It is not possible to view the messages in a third party app with out access to the files you deleted.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

I know that it's not possible to view the messages in a third party app with out access to the files that I've deleted...
But Is't possible to reconstract the database file with any apply or through groupwise...
BR
A. Blasco

you can try gwcheck (look in GroupWise media or on web updates)

I´ve checked it, but it's not solved

Then cross your fingers and hope that the blocks on the hard disk that held the files have not been over written yet.

You will need to do a file undelete. I like the Recuva app from my self for this need. If you can recover the NGWGUARD.DB file, you will be able to rebuild the msg.db and user.db doing a structural rebuild in GWCheck. It also requires that you did not delete anything else but the files you noted in your OP.

The DC file is easily replaceable, just pull it from the PO folder in distribution media. There is not user data in the file, it is just database schema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back