Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise Post Office Agent problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedmunki

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
The problem is that people are saving their WordPerfect files to the library ok. After the file is saved successfully the file is given a document number. However when they do a search in groupwise for that document number nothing comes up. It says 0 files found. If they open Wordperfect and do a file | open and type in that document number the file comes up successfully. This is happening on some files not all of them. I had one lady that saved three documents, one right after the other and the first one does not show up and the others do.

I have run GW Check on the library and on the post office and it has not fixed the issue.

Has anyone else come accross this issue before?

some info on the systems involved.
Client Systems using :
Windows 95 | WordPerfect 8 | GroupWise 5.5

Box Running the GroupWise Post Office Agent(GWPOA v5.5)is a WIN2K Box.

what are your index settings and how big is the document library?

For large librarys I like to add a second server running another POA for the Domain. All this POA does is index the document library, the CPU runs about 20% to 60% just doing this indexing, but thats all it does so it isn't a problem. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
KIS Computer Center - East Bay, California; USA

Documents will not appear in a search until after the next index job. We are set to index once a day, therefore, it is the next day before Users can search their docs. If you need it faster, you'll probably want to consider an indexing server. Running indexing on the same box really slows things down.

I do have a index server running to provide up to the minute indexing. what I did was recreated the index files on the main server and that seemed to work. The problem crept up on a few documents but I did a quick update of the index files and that seemed to have fixed everything.

Thanks for all the advice
Julian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back