Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise PALM sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodwins

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
CA
I need to figure out a way to Sync the "To-Do(Tasks)Categories" in the PALM software to sync with GroupWise 6.5 Categories. My client has over 1000 contacts and follow-ups already in the PALM and we need an easy solution to get it into GroupWise.

Intellisynch software from Puma Technologies ( works very well. We have used it for 5-6 years, various versions of Groupwise, many models/versions of Palms (and clones). It is a solid product. Sells for around $69 or so, you can get it directly from the company or from most mail order houses and some retail stores. It works hand in hand with the HotSynch software that comes with the Palm.

HTH,
Dennis

Yes, I have been using Intellisync as well. The problem is the syncronization of the Categories. There are about 25-30 Categories in the PALM desktop that I would like to create within GroupWise. Having an "unfiled" category for PALM and GroupWise Tasks is to messy.

Do I not have it configured correctly?

Tks.

Sorry, I didn't fully comprehend the depth of your question.

I'm flying a little blind here, because I'm using GW6.0 and a really old version of Intellisynch on my own PC. I don't see any field in GroupWise Tasks for &quot;category&quot;, so I'm guessing it's new to v6.5? If you're sure there's a field to put a category in GW6.5, then I'd open the Intellisynch software, choose the ToDo List config, make sure GroupWise 6.5 is selected as the synch target, click on &quot;Advanced&quot; button, then &quot;Field Mapping&quot; and make sure the Palm Category <-> GW Category mapping is correct. In my old version of Intellisynch there is no corresponding field available in GW for mapping to the Palm &quot;Category&quot; field that makes sense. You may need to upgrade to a newer version of Intellisynch to get the correct conduits.

Again, I'm assuming there is a new field in GW6.5 for categorizing tasks, as I do not see anything in GW6 that correlates to that ability in the the Palm software. If this is incorrect, then I have to believe the answer is there is not means to categorize ToDo's in Groupwise so you're stuck with the Unfiled category on the Palm.

The only other thought I have is to use another field in GW like Priority, which is limited to a single letter followed by a number (e.g. A1, B22, c17, etc). This would mean categorizing the entries on the Palm similarly, which I'm assuming would be useless to your user.

Not a lot of help, I know. Maybe someone wiser will help on this thread.....

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back