Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise / Outlook conflict when syncing HPJornada

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillis

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2001
We recently purchased a number of HP Jornada 568 PDA's and immediately realized that HP and Microsoft designed it for virtually exclusive use with Outlook. We know from previous experience that Groupwise and Outlook conflict. I just now installed the sync software on my laptop and, sure enough, after all is said and done, my Groupwise program no longer works.

Does anyone know of a way we can synch. the PDA to Outlook strictly for purpose of ease of data input; yet still allow Groupwise to exist happily?

Otherwise, we may have to send all these back and return to the Handspring units we used previously. They used a unique desktop program for synching that didn't interfere with other programs.

Thanks for any assistance, Jerry Giles

Which SYNC software are you using? The software shipped with ALL PDSs works with MS Outlook you need third party software to sync with GroupWise, i.e. Intellisync from PUMA Technologies or SyncWise from TOFFA International. With either oft hese products you don't need Outlook at all. Joshua Rothschild
j.rothschild@dynamode.com

Thanks a bunch for the input. I had a feeling!! We'll research the leads you gave..

Thanks again,

jg

Just an update in case anyone is looking... Pumatech just (within last 2-3 weeks) came out with a new version of Intellisync for Windows CE that is now completely compatible with the new Jornada 568. Everything now syncs perfectly.

thanks

I sync my Jornada with my GW I use pumatech Intellisync...and have not had any trouble with it...If you need help getting older versions to work with your Jornada just let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back