Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise not sending mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

unit512

MIS
Mar 12, 1999
US
We are using Groupwise 5.5...After installing and playing with Outlook (I don't use it anymore)...<br>
<br>
Groupwise will not send my e-mail. It does everything else, including receive mail and <br>
access shared calendars.<br>
<br>
I do not know if the Outlook is creating a cause and effect...but any feedback would be helpful.

If you look in the GW address book there are probrably no address book. Running Outlook after GW is present on the Comp removes GW address book and are transfered to Outlook address - reinstalling should solve the problem

I DO see the address book. I can even select a name from it to send e-mail to. The e-mail just doesn't go anywhere.<br>
<br>
I am loath to re-install Groupwise ontop of itself, because we have calendars and e-mail going back several months, that I do not want to lose.<br>
<br>

Check the "Sent" properties in the email and make sure that it is using the Groupwise Message Store. The sent via should be the Groupwise Postoffice/Domain. If it's not and it's still listed as "pending" change the local messaging services to send via the groupwise message store. Any mail that is pending will not be sent and should be deleted since it is trying to use a serice that no longer exists.<br>

thanks,<br>
<br>
That was part of the fix...and it pointed me the right way.<br>
My Sent mail was all Pending.<br>
<br>
I went to Nwadmin, Tools and resychronized and everything seemed to work.

Wow, thats a marked improvement. In Groupwise versions past any mail that was pending was lost...<br>
<br>

No...it did lose my pending mail...but I can now send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back