Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise / Netmail Web Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomsonian

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2005
CA
Hi everyone im having a bit of a problem with my groupwise / netmail web access, i instlled everything properly (i think) and when i go to access the sites using the defult ports it gives me a page cannot be displayed error, there is no DNS running on this server, its just a internal server for students to play with, not connected to the net strictley internal, Groupwise Traditional access works fine and so does Imanager and Iprint and Extend

the server specs are:

Netware OpenEnterperise Server
Zen 7
Groupwise 6.5

If I understand correctly.... big IF. I think you are trying to display the GroupWise Webaccess page right? You might need to tweak your httpd.conf to point to the root folder with your webaccess index.html file.

Use Apache manager and change the Content Management defaul to your correct index page.

There are lots of things that can cause the web portion not to work. Other posts on this that you could probably find, but..

ldap must be working
Java must be working
Tomcat must be working (Tomcat is a Java app)
SSL Stuff must be working for ldap and tomcat to work
Apache must be running

Any of these dont' work and your web interface will fail. You need to try to pinpoint which one is actually failing. A book could be written just on these points alone, so it's tough to go into a lot of detail here.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Hi,

Everything in Marvin's post is absolutely correct, however you mentioned that iManager works so it seems that you do not have Apache/Tomcat/SSL issues.

It may be just a matter of the pointer to the GW WebAccess page not being correct in the httpd.conf file as brichr mentioned. The best way to test for that is to point your browser directly to the GW WebAccess page:

and then see what comes up.

gwexpertslogo.jpg

Gioffre Consulting
Check out our Novell Training Cruises

Thanks for your help everyone but we desided to move the Netmail and Groupwise system over to a windows 2000 server beacuse all of our in house technictions are MCSE's and have experence with IIS, were still using netware for our main login server, but for groupwise and netmail we desided to use the Win2k server,

i do however have a follow up question, does netmail put its own web server up when you install it, ever sence i put it on the server yesterday (in the early morning hours) i havent been able to access anything from iis on port 80, before i call IT and put in a service call anyone got any ideas, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back