Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise intergration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldleader

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2006
GB
We have a user that needs Office intergrations on with groupwsie 7 and office 2003, so he can use the send to option within office.

The send to option works fine but when i click on Open it opens up a window showing all the groupwise folders ie Mailbox, calender etc. To get to normal office documents you have to click on Use Application Dialog button and the normal open document window appears.

Also when tring to save a document and you click on Save As i get a window with two options asking weather to Save Document Using Application Dialog or Save As New Document. Is there anyway to just get the normal save window to come up as default with out been asked.

Both of these problems occur in Word and Powerpoint. I was able to fix them in Excel by reseting the menu bar and standard bar in the customize menu. This doesn't seem to have any affect in Word or Powerpoint though. Please help.

Well after a little playing around i have fixed my own problem. If people have the same issue what you need to do is install Groupwise 7.0.2 with all the intergrations on. Then open Groupwise and go to Tools, Options, Documents and then the Intergrations tab. You will see that Word, Excel and Powerpoint have enabled next to them. Take this off by selecting each one and clicking disable at the bottom. Ok this and then open Word and see if the Open window is the default and that you should still be able to click on send to and groupwise should open a new mail with the document as an attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back