Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise domain password

Status
Not open for further replies.

damonuk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2002
GB
Hi

I've got a Groupwise 4 domain that I can't get rid of. The domain has been password protected and no one knows the password (done long before I started). Any ideas how to hack the password, or ways to remove the domain without damaging the other domains?

Cheers in advance.
Damon

You can try to delete it using NWAdmin WITHOUT the GW snapins. Then open C1/NWADmin with the snapins and delete the object from there. You should get a message about the NDS counterpart is missing, do you want to delete the GW portion anyway? Yes. I have hacked several things out of GW like that. Without the snapins, NWAdmin doesn't know what the object is nor can it talk to the GW databases to know of any password. It won't HURT any other domains and when you delete it, with the GW snapins, it will be processed as a normal admin change, therefore it should be removed from the other domain db's.

Recently I followed a TID to remove a Domain by releasing it. It might help you. Novell.com\support\knowledgebase TID 10014325.

Hope it helps.

LesleyH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back