Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

groupwise automatic upgrade re-ocurring prompting

Status
Not open for further replies.

a228380

MIS
May 21, 2004
US
we have upgraded to groupwise 6.5, we have three post offices. The users in one post office will randomly get prompted that there is a new version. Eventhough they have been upgraded. We checked the registry key version and the version of the client is accurate.

we ensured the poa version, and the client version are the same. We use ghost images and we only see this with our users in our post office for our GMT post office. Our EST and PST post office users do not encounter this problem.

The only difference I can see is the GMT users do not map a drive to the distribution software directory. Where all other users do. I recognize it checks the software distribution directory dates against the client, but if the software distribution directory is not available then it is supposed to check the date on the poa directory on the mail server itself.

any suggestions?

Sorry for the delay in answering this question. I've been very busy at work lately. In case you haven't figured this one out yet:

If you want to disable the update notification for everyone, in the software distribution directory locate the "client" folder. In that folder, you will see a file called "software.inf". Open the file using a text editor and add "REM " in front of the line that starts with "BuildNumber". Example:
Code:
[General]
BuildNumber=2519
Becomes
Code:
[General]
REM BuildNumber=2519
This will disable the auto-update for anyone who is assigned to that software distribution directory. If you have multiple directories, you'll need to do this in each directory.

Hope that helps.
Ron

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?”
~ Mevlana Rumi

Do you live in Michigan? Join us in the Tek-Tips in Michigan forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back