Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise Archive -- Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSA2000

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
US
Has anyone had a problem where items have been archived and the user cannot find anything in the folder? For instance, he accesses his Archive folder and there are 3,450 messages in the mailbox. If he performs a find to search for from <sender name>, it comes up with nothing even though there are e-mails from <sender name>.

By the way we are user GroupWise 6.0.4. Thanks.

We had this exact problem the other week - we ran a fix on the archive (rather than the mailbox) and it's now working fine.

Jules

How did you run the fix? Analyze/fix through GWCHECK or something different?

This is funny. I find more info here then on Novell's Knowledgebase. We are having the same issue GW 6.5 SP4. I was getting ready to use GWcheck so this confirms it...

Kewl

Janis Tomasone
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst

Yes, we used gwcheck.exe and chose archive instead of mailbox. Hope it works for you!

Jules

This did not help. I think I did not explain the problem appropriately. I archived several hundred megs of e-mails on 3/9. The next day the user performed a search in her mailbox (non-archived mailbox) and she cannot find anything. She will see an e-mail in her mailbox and perform a search to find others, and none of them will display. Since this problem originated after I began archiving, I think it's related, but I'm not sure how. I performed a fix on her archive and regular mailboxes, but the problem continues. I also performed a rebuild on the Quickfinder Index, which also did not help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the client. I archived other user e-mails, and some experience the same problem. I cannot find anything on Novell's website, and not sure where to take it from here. Can anyone help?

Does it happen on all PCs or just the user's one? It might narrow your quest down a bit to know if it's account or client related.

It is user specific. I can logon to any PC as that user and the problem still occurs. This is the strangest problem.

HELP! I became desperate and called Novell technical support ($650 per incident), but they no longer support GroupWise 6.0.4! If anyone could please help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

I found out additional information. The find feature works via proxy from another account, but not the user's account. What does that mean?

Maybe you could try recreating the account - we've had problems in the past that weren't resolved by running a fix. As a last resort we recreated the mailbox and everything was fine.

Might be worth a try.

Jules

What did you do specifically to create a new account? We want to keep all of their e-mails.

Archive their current email.
Create new account.
Change the FID of the archive to the new FID.
Point the new account at the archive.
Unarchive all email.

If RSA2000 doesn't know what a proxy is, then good luck with knowing what a FID is. I also had the user use "Find by Example" rather then just the "Find" tab. We found everything using that.

Janis

Janis Tomasone
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst

Jtomasone, I do know what a proxy is as I stated in my previous thread. I got the find feature to work, but I have to check item source and type. They did not have to check any of the boxes before, but it's working if checked, so I'm not going to spend anymore time finding out what happened. Thanks a bunch Lawnboy, Jules166 and Jtomasone for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back